Monday, November 29, 2010

2 Gold Foil Sucker Baits

I finally had some time to finish off a few new lures.. Here are 2 different body styles in the same pattern.. Both lures are made of PVC, and are in a gold foil Sucker pattern.. I embossed the foil with scallops which made a realistic scale pattern in the gold foil.. I then painted the lure and added airbrush scaling using the scale mesh method..

These lures are made of synthetic stock, PVC, with .062 wire, Wolverine 5/0 hooks, and a layered Envirotex epoxy finish..


                                     9" Gold Foil Sucker
                           9" length, 225mm, 7.1oz Floating






                                                       

                                     8" Gold Foil Sucker
                            8" length, 200mm, 7.5oz Sinking




The 9" Floater: at a slow retrieve it is a wake bait producing a nice "V" wake trail.. At a fast retrieve its shallow swimmer, slow tail sweep, at a depth of 1"-3"..

The 8" quick sink is a great lipless crankbait, runs at a depth of 3"-10" or more depending on the speed of retrieve.. It has an excellent tail sweep at any speed.. I especially like the sweep at slow retrieve speeds.. It has a wide lazy sweep when swimming slowly, the head sweeps 12" or more ..!
The sweep tightens up at faster speeds and sweeps 3"-5"..

If you have interest in my lures please visit www.JPMYERSLURES.com ...

I also post a few lures on http://www.etsy.com/shop/JPMYERSLURES ...

3 comments:

  1. Hi JP,
    Great to see you have been building new Lures, They are a little on the large side for our club rivers, But i bet they are great in big lakes, I have lost your Ebay link, So is there any chance you could put it up for me,
    Cheers Jp,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paddy, yes they are a bit large even for me.. I wanted to make a few to see if any collectors would take interest.. So far, no bites..haha.. I got your message some weeks ago about the ebay link, I sent ya a message from your blog but maybe it didnt get thru to you.. I will post it to my blog..
    Thanks,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for putting that up JP, I will have to mention your blog on a couple of Forums it might just get folk to take a look in on you,
    Thanks again,
    Bast regards to you and yours,
    ps,
    How is your brother doing ? Say hello for me,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete