Friday, April 8, 2011

Chainsaw Woodcarving, April 8, 2011

Well, it has been a long time since my last post.. I have not been making fishing lures as of late..
I do have 60 wood lure blanks to finish but I have been preoccupied with a new hobby..

CHAINSAW CARVING...........!

Yes thats right, I took to carving wood with a chainsaw recently..
I took a one day lesson from Rick "Cowboy" Cox of R & S Woodcarving..
Here is a few photos of my days accomplishments.. Ok, so I am no professional, that much is for certain.. But I certainly had a great time.. I spent 9 hours with Rick, and tried to absorb as much info as I could.. I went home, ( an 80 minute drive), and by the time I got home it felt like every bone & muscle in my body was either stiff, sore, aching or worn out..Hahaha..



Here is a bear and an eagle head I did with Rick..
A great guy and a great experience for me..
I hope to practice and Improve !

3 comments:

  1. Hi JP,
    And welcome back, I dont want to put the mockers on your new venture but i get a picture in my head of every tree in the forest looking like an animal or a seat haha just my weird sence of humour, I wish you well and i hope you become very profesional at it as i know you will,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again JP,
    I was just wondering if there was any updates on the new venture,
    Hope everything is going to plan,
    All the best to you and yours my friend,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paddy,
    great to hear from you.. Yes well I have been trying to improve my limited carving skills.. But working 50 hrs a week leaves little time for carving.. Summer is our busy season where I work.. But I am posting some new pics of recently finished carvings today.. Thanks for stopping by the blog, appreciate it much my friend..
    John

    ReplyDelete