Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chainsaw Carving, June 26, 2011

Today I went to a small local outdoor festival called "Fort Steuben Days" in Steubenville, Ohio.. There was a trio of chainsaw carvers there, doin' what they do best.. I had a long and information packed chat with Joe Barber, one of the three chainsaw carvers on hand.. It was a good time for me as I was able to ask a sh*tload of questions that Joe was happy to answer.. And I am thankful for his time, much appreciated..

Below are a few pics of some carvings I made this weekend and some photos of carvings stored in the garage..


                               A 4 foot "Hello" bear..                                     




   A 30" sitting bear.. This will get a "hello" or "welcome" sign added later for it to hold in its paws..



This is a 3 mushroom piece carved from a log end, it stands about 24" high..




Some shots of carvings, finished and ready for delivery, perhaps to You.?







 I just to throw a shot of old SLIM in here, He's a good ole boy..


And finally, my carving shed where I do my chainsaw carving.. A filthy nasty area but it does the job..!
A couple standing logs ready to carve something out of them, a few more bears possibly, or giant mushrooms.?


1 comment:

  1. You have sertainly honed in on your talent JP, For the short time you have been Chainsaw carving that is, They are great pieces, You should go to some of the local shops and see if you could rent an area in the shop to sell them,
    Well done my friend,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete