Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jointed Frog Lure for Dad

I just finished this jointed Frog Lure for my Dad.. I planned it to be a birthday gift but I missed the deadline by a few days!.. So, Im giving it to him for the upcoming Father's Day..




This is a solid plastic lure.. I made a clay carving, fired the clay in my kitchen stove, casted 5 silicone slip molds from the 5 clay parts, then used the molds to cast the parts from Featherlite liquid plastic..






Featherlite floats, so I only needed to add a #2 splitshot in the belly for weight to make it land on its belly on each cast.. Lure is 175mm.. Im sure Pops will get a real kick out of this when he see's it..




I tried to airbrush as much detail as I could.. This took me 3 hours to paint.. I actually painted 2 of these at the same time, always good to have a spare!.. I used 2 shades of green, yellow, brown, black, with gold glitter mixed into the 3 layers of E-Tex epoxy.. The eyes are clear glass which I painted, and they are semi-transparent..
Jp~

1 comment:

  1. Hi JP, This is truely a great Blog you have started, I have invited my freinds and followers to view the blog, And i have put a link in the colum on my blog to yours, Good luck with your lures and your blogging, Best regards,
    ,,,Paddy,,,

    ReplyDelete